When you visit Los Angeles, you are likely to be overwhelmed by all of the things to see and do. You will also probably be excited and impatient to catch a glimpse of one of your favourite stars. While you’re searching, take in one of these sights.
· Venice Beach: This is much more than a beach; it’s a boardwalk with shops and street performers; it’s a Skate Park with challenging bowls, rails and steps; it’s an outdoor gym where you can work on your muscle-building.
· Hollywood Walk of Fame: Over 2,500 brass stars line the sidewalks over a span of 1.7 miles depicting all of your favourite icons. Music icons, movie stars, producers, directors and even fictional characters are featured along these famous sidewalks.
· Queen Mary: This majestic ship sailed the Atlantic from 1936 to 1967 and is now moored in Long Beach. Today, the ship welcomes tourists to visit the shops, museums and restaurants aboard.
· Universal Studios: Not just a theme park with rides and attractions; go behind the scenes and learn how your favourite movies are made.
· Disneyland: Not as grand as the original Disneyworld in Florida, but still a great amusement park to take the kids. Visit with Mickey and the gang as you ride the coasters, take in a parade or watch a show.
· Grauman’s Chinese Theatre: This historical theatre first opened in 1927, and has been in operation ever since. This has been the sight of many premiers, academy award ceremonies and birthday parties. Concrete blocks surround the structure, adorned with footprints and handprints of the many movie icons that have graced its presence over the years.
· J. Paul Getty Museum: This museum serves a dynamic audience by exhibiting and showcasing over 40,000 works of art from a collection of Greek, and Roman antiquities.
· Los Angeles Zoo: A great family outing, this zoo showcases a wide variety of animals, birds and reptiles.
· Hollywood Wax Museum: See some of your favourite stars forever encased in life-like statues.
Remember to bring your camera with you in case you need to pull it out quickly to take a photo with your favourite star. Always be polite and respect their privacy; even the most even-tempered stars have their bad days. California is known for its warm and sunny weather; but the nights can get cook, so remember to pack light jackets and long pants for those nights out on the town.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6156904